Hawkins Inc. is a supplier of products for Breweries, Wineries, Beverage & Food Facilities. As a key distributor Hawkins has a team dedicated to ensuring the quality of the products we supply. For a reliable, consistent source of Sanitizers, Cleaners, Acidulants, souring agents, Waste Neutralization and more contact Hawkins for a quote.
Hawkins is a business-to-business supplier, manufacturer, blender, and distributor of chemicals. We only sell to companies, municipalities, government entities, and not to individuals.
For pricing or more information please provide
your organization’s contact information below:
Introducing Beer Souring Agents
Through research, analysis and taste testing we have taken the microbial process for souring beer and reproduced it without the time, danger, and costs that the microbial method of souring adds to the brewing process.
Beer Souring Simplified with three main blends:
• Fruit Souring Blend (Patent Pending)
• X Souring Blend (Patent Pending)
• Berliner Souring Blend (Patent Pending)
Beer Souring Blend Advantages:
Hawkins has simplified the sour beer process. The advantages of using a souring blend rather than a microbial method of souring include:
• System and food safety – There is no possibility of infecting your systems with microbes and having off or failed batches due to unwanted bacteria in beer batches.
• Shorten batch time – Kettle souring can add 24-72 hours to the fermentation time of a batch of beer. Using a souring blend only adds the time to add the blend – normally only minutes and can be done anytime from the kettle to keg.
• Consistency – The microbes used to sour beers can vary growth rates by small changes in temperature or other parameters in the wort for making beer; microbes also mutate over time and generations. Either of these can cause flavor changes that are often unacceptable. The addition of a souring blend is extremely consistent and repeatable.
• Split batches – A batch of beer can be split and produced as both a sour beer and a non-soured beer.
• Recovery – Off batches may have flavors that are not acceptable in a non-sour beer but are acceptable in a sour beer.
• Formulation – When setting up formulations, the testing and flavoring can be done at the pitcher or bucket level with no waiting for a full fermentation batch. This means the level of sour can be changed just by adding to what you are tasting.
• Cost – When compared to the cost of overnighting a strain of microbes and the time it takes to sour the batch; the cost of the souring blend is very inexpensive.